John Sisk & Son a leading provider of construction services with extensive operations across Ireland, the United Kingdom and mainland Europe, has announced the winners of its Supply Chain Awards for 2019 at the annual awards event in Dublin last night.
The awards are now in their third year and have become a fixture in the calendar where Sisk recognises excellence among its supply chain partners across the business in Ireland, the UK and Europe and shows appreciation for all the great work done together.
As Sisk celebrates its 160th year in business this year, the company now spends over €1bn annually across its supply chain, €1.03bn in 2019 alone. The construction business also confirmed it has a total of 5,000 approved and active suppliers and subcontractors on its system.
Commenting after the ceremony, Stephen Bowcott, CEO, John Sisk & Son, said: “In this our 160th year in operation as a family owned construction business the Sisk Supply Chain Awards is a great opportunity to recognise our supply chain partners for their great work with us.”
“We wouldn’t be where we are without industry leading supply chain partners who help us deliver safe, quality projects year after year – delivering excellence for 160 years in fact.
“We are delighted to welcome everyone to Dublin and to build on the strong relationships we have and to recognise and acknowledge the excellent performance, commitment and dedication shown across Sisk projects. On behalf of Sisk, I would like to congratulate all the winners and thank them for their support this year.”
The awards ceremony on Thursday 17th October in Dublin was attended by approx. 600 people and raised money for Focus Ireland and Shelter UK with donations from guests and the company. Irish comedian Colm O’Regan, was Master of Ceremonies.
Over 75 subcontractors and suppliers were shortlisted for awards on the night, almost half of which travelled from the UK.
Shortlisted subcontractors and suppliers were nominated by each of Sisk’s business units and procurement respectively. Each business Unit then selected its ‘Best Subcontractor of the Year’ from the proposed shortlist following a thorough evaluation process, with the winners announced at a ceremony last night in the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road, Dublin.
The winners are:
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing Award – UK
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing Award – Ireland
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing Award – International
- Digital Project Delivery Award
- Supplier of the Year – Ireland
- Supplier of the Year – UK
- Supply Chain Partner of the Year – Ireland East
- Supply Chain Partner of the Year – Ireland South, West & North
- Supply Chain Partner of the Year – Civils Ireland
- Supply Chain Partner of the Year – Civils UK
- Supply Chain Partner of the Year – UK North & Major Projects
- Supply Chain Partner of the Year – UK South
- Supply Chain Partner of the Year – Sisk Living
- Supply Chain Partner of the Year – International