The free-of-charge German-Irish: Passive House & Energy Efficiency Conference will bring together German and Irish expertise in the area of Passive House and energy efficient building.
The day-long event will include presentations from German and Irish experts on the most recent developments in this vibrant sector. The conference will also feature a panel discussion and presentations from 7 German companies who are travelling to Ireland.
Confirmed speakers and topics so far include Ms. Amina Lang of the German Passive House Institute, who will present on 25 years of Passive Houses – a solid foundation for NZEBs and Mr. Merten Welsch, architect with the German Federal Institute for Research on Building, Urban Affairs and Spatial Development, who will present on The implementation of energy efficiency standards and certification systems in public buildings and the first energy positive public building in Germany.
Irish experts include Joseph Little, Assistant Head, School of Architecture, DIT and Frank Cooney, member of the RIAI Sustainability Task Force who both will talk about the potential of retrofitting Ireland’s existing building stock, as well as Jeff Colley, Editor of Passive House Plus, who will talk about Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown’s Development Plan 2016-2022 and what it will mean for Ireland.
A full programme will be confirmed shortly. For a draft programme click here. <http://www.german-irish.ie/fileadmin/ahk_irland/New_Website_2011/Green_Tech/Passivhaus/Programm_eng-v3-draft.pdf>
We now have 7 German participants:
- DGT Anlagen und Systeme GmbH provide products for the production and testing of insulating glass and energy efficient windows and doors http://www.dgtmuenchen.de/en
- Eco2heat GmbH develop and produce patented energy efficient wall and surface heaters http://www.eco2heat.com/
- ETU Software GmbH develop and support practical software tools in the fields of engineering, simulation, compliance-verification and financial justification of building services and renewable energy systems http://www.etu-software.com/
- ELESTA building automation develop, produce and market innovative system solutions for building management and automation, infrastructures and renewable energies http://www.elesta.de/en/
- Lunos Ventilation provide ventilation with heat recovery solutions for residential buildings http://www.lunos.de/en/
- Multibeton GmbH have been developing and producing innovative under floor heating systems for over 40 years http://www.multibeton.de/
- PRINZ Deutschland GmbH manufacture saws and materials used in retrofit insulation of buildings and damp proofing http://www.prinz24.com/en/
One page company profiles on all participants can be found here. <http://www.german-irish.ie/en/events/detail-view/events/passive-house-and-energy-efficiency-trade-mission/?cHash=fc6540d6bc0d585e20020526e8b18262>
For more information on the trade mission or to register for the conference and/or individual meetings here <http://www.german-irish.ie/en/events/detail-view/events/passive-house-and-energy-efficiency-trade-mission/?cHash=195e6c11adab80d43cc1a6c6f9b9379b>
The trade mission is being run by the German-Irish Chamber of Commerce in the framework of the Energy Efficiency Export Initiative of the German Federal Ministry for Economics and Energy.