Powerstar, the global market leading voltage optimisation system, is now available in Ireland following a distributor agreement with leading Irish energy solutions company Powerstar Voltage Limited.
Powerstar is developing a market presence in a number of new international territories – the company also recently signed agreements with distributors on the East Coast of America.
Headed by Gerry Corrigan, Powerstar Voltage Ltd. is identifying strategic energy efficiency opportunities across Ireland, by capitalising on the Irish Government’s policy to reduce energy consumption by 20%, with the implementation of energy efficiency measures, by 2020.
Recognising that Government must lead by example, it is, at the same time, challenging public sector procurement departments to achieve a 33% reduction in energy usage in the same time frame.
“With these targets at the forefront of many strategic energy plans, the demand from companies and public sector organisation alike for the Powerstar range of products has never been greater. The reaction from customers, when they are presented with the potential savings they can achieve is extremely positive”, said Gerry Corrigan.
Voltage in Ireland is on average supplied at 242V by the National Grid, however only 230V is required by modern equipment and appliances. Powerstar’s innovative products reduce the voltage coming into a building or site to the optimum level. Average electricity consumption savings of 12% to 15% can be achieved by installing Powerstar solutions.
At the same time, Powerstar products reduce harmonics and maintenance requirements, extending the life span of appliances.
Dr. Alex Mardapittas, managing director of Powerstar commented, “Currently 15% of our business is from international markets, we plan to grow this by developing our presence in new markets across the world including Ireland. Gerry holds the same values of customer care, product excellence and entrepreneurial drive that have been at the centre of Powerstar’s success in the UK, and we are looking forward to developing what promises to be an exciting market for our products in Ireland together.”
Powerstar voltage optimisation systems, have been designed and manufactured in the UK for over 13 years and are the only systems in the world to be granted a patent on their design. Powerstar boasts 100% reliability with no recorded failures across thousands of installations globally, offering a secure, proven and reliable solution for businesses in Ireland.
Photo Caption: Gerry Corrigan (left) with Jim Tonks, Powerstar product development engineer.
Powerstar is an electrical energy saving solution for commercial buildings that works to reduce energy consumption, lower electricity bills and reduce a company’s impact on the environment. Powerstar:
- Has been manufactured in the UK by EMSc (UK) Ltd for over 13 years
- Is the only voltage optimization system in the world to be granted a patent on its design
- Range includes Powerstar HV MAX (HV side optimization) and Powerstar (LV side fixed optimization) as well as Powerstar MAX (LV side electronic-dynamic optimization)
- Has been installed successfully worldwide – Landmark installations include: Palace of Westminster, London City Hall, House of Keys and Western Parliament Australia
- Clients include: ASDA, NHS, Cineworld, Co-Operative Group, Hilton Hotels, Sheffield Hallam University, Transport for London, Premier Inn, Cabinet Office, AESSEAL, Merseyside Police, Sandvik, Punch Taverns, Beefeater Grill, Holiday Inn, Mothercare, University of Surrey, London Fire Brigade and Sheffield City Council
- Systems in the range are fully designed and manufactured in the UK, by Sheffield based EMSc (UK) Ltd
- Systems reduce electricity consumption, delivering savings on electricity bills through the reduction and cleaning of the incoming power supply, at the same time also reducing CO2 emissions
- Has recorded savings of up to 26.1% on electricity consumption (Guoman Thistle Hotel – London), average expected savings from installation of a Powerstar system are 12%-15%
- Comes with guaranteed savings, 15 years warranty (10 outside the UK) and an expected 50 year lifespan
About EMSc (UK) Ltd:
EMSc (UK) Ltd, based in Sheffield, UK, is an energy solutions manufacturer renowned for the design and manufacture of the Star range of energy saving technologies, including flagship solution – the Powerstar voltage optimization system.
Along with a UK head office, EMSc (UK) Ltd has offices in Australia and Cyprus that serve regional business operations and that work alongside a network of local distribution partners, who in turn work globally to bring the company’s award winning technologies to market.
The company has been honoured with many prestigious awards and accolades:
- Quality Assurance ISO9001 and Environmental ISO4001 accredited
- Awarded with the Made In Sheffield mark of manufacturing excellence
- NICEIC approved contractor
- Safecontractor approved
- 2013 – Winner of the UKT&I exporter of the year award
- 2012 – Winner of the PWC Private Business Award for Yorkshire
- 2011 – Winner of the Yorkshire Post Business in Excellence Innovation Award
- 2010 – Winner of the Yorkshire Forward Innovator/10: Innovation in Action Award
- 2006 – Winner of the CARE4AIR AWARD
- 2006 & 2004 SMART Award for Innovation
Powerstar® is the registered trademark of EMSc (UK) Ltd.
For more info visit: www.powerstar.com