The Construction Industry Federation (CIF) has welcomed a new jobs scheme which offers up to €10,000 to employers for hiring previously unemployed staff. The Department of Social Protection has launched the new JobsPlus scheme which will offer employers up to €10,000 for a qualifying recruit payable over a two year period.
The scheme is to be available with immediate effect and replaces the Employer Job PRSI Scheme and Revenue Job Assist Scheme.
JobsPlus is an employer incentive from the Department of Social Protection which encourages and rewards employers who offer employment opportunities to the long term unemployed. JobsPlus is a scheme for employers to access, offering up to €10,000 for a qualifying recruit, payable on a monthly basis over a two year period.
What is JobsPlus?
JobsPlus provides a financial incentive to employers who recruit employees who were long term unemployed on the Live Register.
Employers can register online with the Department of Social Protection at www.jobsplus.ie to be approved as an eligible employer. Approved employers who take on an eligible employee will receive a cash incentive, payable monthly in arrears, over a two year period.
There are two levels of incentive:
• €7,500 for recruits unemployed for more than 12 months but less than 24 months, and
• €10,000 for recruits unemployed for more than 24 months.
There is no limit on the number of new recruits per employer.
The JobsPlus incentive is available to employers who:
• Offer any full time employment of over 30 hours per week, spanning at least four days per week for eligible recruits;
• Fill new vacancies including opportunities due to natural turnover;
• Are fully compliant with Irish tax and employment laws;
• Ensure eligible jobs do not displace any existing employee.
Full details of the eligibility criteria, including FAQs will be available on www.jobsplus.ie
How to Become an Approved Employer
Apply to become an approved JobsPlus employer by completing the online JobsPlus application form onwww.jobsplus.ie
How do I know if a candidate is eligible for JobsPlus?
A prospective employee can also apply online at www.jobsplus.ie to verify if they are an eligible employee under the incentive. To be considered eligible for JobsPlus, the candidate must be a minimum of 12 months on the Live Register of jobseekers.
How will the inventive be paid?
The incentive will be payable monthly in arrears, over a two year period by Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), by the Department of Social Protection.
The JobsPlus Process
Looking to recruit a new employee?
- First, register for JobsPlus by going to www.jobsplus.ie and register
- Then…identify candidates
- Advertise job as normal
- For help finding suitable eligible candidates, contact the local Intreo Centre / Employment Service Office
- Include your vacancy on www.jobsireland.ie
- Candidates must verify their eligibility with www.jobsplus.ie
- Eligible candidates will receive confirmation and a JP1 form for you to complete
Found your new employee?
- Inform the JobsPlus Team.
- Return the JP1 form to the JobsPlus Team
- You will be notified of approval
- Offer position to the candidate
- Agree a start date
- Your new employee must close their jobseekers claim before starting work for the JobsPlus payment to be made
- Payments to your company will be made by Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) monthly in arrears, over a two year period, whilst the employee remains in your employment