Kilkenny Borough Council in conjunction with Kilkenny County Council has announced their intention to carry a proposed new City and County Library at 75 & 76 John Street and at County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny.
No. 75 John Street and County Hall, John Street are Protected Structures. The site is located within the John Street Architectural Conservation Area in accordance with the Kilkenny City & Environs Development Plan 2008-2014.
The proposed development includes:
- Demolition of (i) existing extensions to the rear of 75 & 76 John Street, (ii) of an outbuilding to the rear of no. 75 John Street, and (iii) of the boundary wall between the rear of no. 75 & 76 John Street and County Hall.
- Construction of a new two-storey library building and ancillary accommodation to the rear of 75 & 76 John Street (1,450sqm approx.).
- The refurbishment of and conservation works to the existing buildings at 75 & 76 John Street for use as the Arts Office and Library.
- Associated site works and courtyard development.
The plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection from Friday the 15thMarch until Friday 19th April 2013 at the following locations:
- The offices of Kilkenny Borough Council, City Hall, High Street between the hours of 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- The offices of Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street between the hours of 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Carnegie Library, John’s Quay between the hours of 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 8pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm Thursdays and Fridays, and 10am to 1:30pm Saturdays (except Bank Holiday weekends).
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing to the undersigned, not later than Friday 10th May 2013 at 12.00 noon.
Brian Tyrrell, Town Clerk, City Hall, High Street, Kilkenny.