Dublin City University, Ireland’s University of Enterprise, and the Sustainability Collaborative-SustaiNext, the leading American universal sustainability organization, have joined forces to present a summit in Dublin, Ireland with a focus on Engaging Business and Education towards a Sustainable Future, October 11 & 12, 2012, at The Helix, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland.
The summit’s theme is universal sustainability. The operating framework of universal sustainability holds the key to unlocking the next wave of business innovation and growth, in terms of the economy, education, best green practices, the environment, science and technology, and social systems.
Universal sustainability, in concept and by function, touches all aspects of human existence and through the application of science and research, this new economic and social discipline offers a comprehensive framework for improving the current 21st century global society.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers to date are as follows:
- Robert L. Lattimer is the Senior Fellow, Diversity Studies, John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development, Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey USA
Mr. Lattimer is considered as a leading authority regarding universal sustainability. He is the published author of Universal Sustainability: The Economy and Competitiveness 2012, andUniversal Sustainability: The Next Form of Competitiveness, both of which are receiving a great deal of “buzz”
Mr. Lattimer serves as the Chief Strategy Officer, for the Sustainability Collaborative USA.
- Martin Charter is the Director of the Centre for Sustainable Design, University for Creative Arts, Farnham-UK
Martin Charter FRSA is considered an authority on business and environment issues in corporate responsibility, and research. In addition, Martin is considered a highly regarded international speaker regarding Greener Marketing and Sustainable Solutions; presently, he directs a newly formed regional network focused on eco-innovation
Other confirmed speakers and presenters will include the following:
- Ann Lee-Jeffs, Summit Co-Organizer and Founder/CEO Sustainability Collaborative SustaiNext
- Pierre McDonagh, Ph.D., Group Head Marketing & Senior Lecturer, Dublin City University, and Summit Co-Organizer
- Dr Theo Lynn, Director of Industry Engagement, DCU Business School, Dublin City University, Opening Address Day 2
- Marius C. Claudy, Ph.D., Lecturer, Business School, University College Dublin
- Padraig Murphy, Ph.D., Lecturer and Programme Chair MSc Science Communication, Dublin City University
- Ronan Furlong, Director of Operations, The Green Way; Senior Development Manager, Commercial Department, Dublin Airport Authority, Dublin, Ireland
- Pat Brereton, Ph.D., Associate Dean Research, Faculty of Humanities and Social Science, Dublin City University
Summit topics to be presented by speakers and presenters are as follows:
- Universal Sustainability: Its promise for a sustainable future.
- Global Health: Challenges and solutions
- Transformational Education: Solutions for third level
- The Green Economy: Showcasing best practices
- Mobility and Transportation: Solutions for managing environmental impact
- Food and Agriculture: Sustaining equitable growth
- The Global 21st Century Society: Solutions toward a sustainable future
Who should attend this leading edge summit:
- Business and sustainability global leaders
- Global government leaders and public policymakers
- Higher education leaders and researchers
- EU grants holders and research awarding bodies
- Civil society organizations and non-government organizations
- Anyone interested in sustainable business practices
- To gain best practices and operating principles that addresses the opportunities and challenges within a greener society
- To be part of the discussion regarding the next generation of sustainability, universal sustainability
- Network with key thought leaders in major sectors of the global society
To register for SustaiNext-EU, please visit www.sustainext.org/register